top of page
  • Attorney Matthew Kasper

Filing a Civil Suit in Federal District Court

If you appealed your Social Security Disability claim and/or Supplemental Security Income claim to the Appeals Council and disagree with their decision, or if the Appeals Council decided not to review your case, you can file a civil suit in a federal district court. This is the last level of the appeals process.

You must file your civil action in the district court of the United States for the judicial district in which you live or where you have your principal place of business. The civil action must be filed within 60 days after you receive notice of the Appeals Council’s action in your case. Beyond the location and timing of the suit, there are precise filing, notice and service rules that must be adhered to.

If you would like to discuss your options regarding filing a federal district court suit for your disability claim, call The Law Office Of Malyuk McDaniel Kasper LLC to schedule an appointment to review your disability options. 330.929.9700

Filing a Civil Suit in Federal District Court. Disability Claim, Disability Benefits, Disability Lawyer


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page