top of page
  • Writer's pictureAttorney Matthew Kasper

What are your Options after an Unfavorable Administrative Law Judge Decision

If you received an Unfavorable Decision by an Administrative Law Judge or your request for a hearing was denied, you still have options for your claim. You may appeal to the Appeals Council as long as it is still within sixty (60) days from the date of the decision. The Appeals

Council may grant, deny, or dismiss a request for review. If the Appeals Council grants the request for review, it will either decide the case or return ("remand") it to an administrative law judge for a new decision. If you do not want to appeal it to the Appeals Council, you may decide to file a new claim and start the social security disability application process over. If you have questions or would like to discuss your options regarding an Administrative Law Judge’s decision, call our office to schedule an appointment. 330.929.9700

16 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page